Pet insurance can be confusing and is it honestly worth the money? After doing some extensive research, we have found that it really is worth it. The following are some reasons why it is a smart choice, as well as some side by side comparisons of different policies. We have decided to compare three of the most popular companies: TRUPANION, VPI, and ASPCA.
Peace of mind – if your pet is sick or injured, you won’t have to make medical care decisions based on finances.
As you are aware, the costs of veterinary care are rising, especially as more advanced treatments become available for animals.
- Strictly Accident and Illness only
- Premium remains the same for the life of the pet
- You pay the veterinarian upfront, insurance reimburses you up to 90%
- Free 30 days of coverage for puppies and kittens under one year of age after having a physical with a veterinarian and calling to register; you must enroll within 24 hours of the physical to be eligible
- Visit online at www.trupanion.com or call 1-800-569-7913
- Has both accident/illness and wellness plans available
- Lower initial premium but the premium does increase with the pets’ age, although they do have a policy that freezes premiums
- You pay veterinarian upfront, insurance reimburses you up to 90%
- Visit online at www.petinsurance.com or call 1-866-VET-PETS
- Has four levels to choose from: Accidents, Illness, Wellness, and Wellness Plus
- You pay the veterinarian upfront, insurance reimburses you up to 80%
- Visit online at www.aspca.com or call 1-866-861-9092