Making Vet Care More Accessible with Telemedicine Video Consultations
At Melrose Animal Clinic, your pet’s health and well-being are at the forefront of our thoughts. We strive to make high-quality veterinary care as accessible as possible, and with telemedicine video consultations, we’re able to take this a step further. With our new TeleTails Smart Phone App, you’ll be able to set up video consultations with your trusted veterinarian on your smartphone to discuss any concerns you have about your pet!
Our veterinary telemedicine consultations are offered through the app, TeleTails, which you can download directly to your phone. Here’s how to set it up:
- Download the app through the Apple or Google Play store
- Enable notifications
- Create a profile
- Enter our code: MELROSE
- Start a consultation!
Once you request a consultation, we’ll set up a time as soon as possible to talk. You can also call us at (781) 662-4888 if you’d like to set up a telemedicine consultation!
How Does It Work?
Here are our guidelines for using the app to ensure we deliver the best possible service to you and your pet:
- Not all ailments are good fits for telemedicine. If we feel your pet would benefit from coming into the clinic, we will suggest it. Your pet’s health is our top priority!
- Telemedicine consultations can be made by appointment only, either by calling our main clinic phone, (781) 662-4888, or by initiating a consult using the app.
- Telemedicine consultations currently cost $55.00. You will not be charged until the end of the video consultation.
- Currently, telemedicine consultations are only available when the clinic is open.
- Telemedicine consultations are available only to patients with whom we have an active, existing relationship, defined legally as having been examined by one of our veterinarians within the prior 12 months.
- When requesting a telemedicine consultation, we will respond with a consultation appointment time as quickly as possible. Please be aware that on occasion, we may be delayed due to an in-office emergency. Please be patient. If you require faster service, please call the clinic at (781) 662-4888.
We hope our telemedicine services will enhance our relationship with you and your pet, and make access to veterinary care as easy as ever. If you have questions or concerns about TeleTails or our telemedicine services, please contact the clinic at (781) 662-4888.