Melrose Animal Clinic - COVID-19 Policies & Procedures
During these increasingly stressful days of the Coronavirus Pandemic, we want to assure you that the Melrose Animal Clinic remains committed and available to assist you with any pet-related concerns you may have. In keeping with the CDC's, State and Federal recommendations for social distancing and conserving of personal protective equipment (PPE), we have developed specific policies and procedures for the continuation of your pet’s care.
As a Massachusetts "Essential Business" we are currently continuing to remain open to provide any medically necessary care for your pet. We will be using the following procedures to provide their care:
- You will call to schedule your appointment as usual by calling and speaking with one of our Customer Service Representatives (CSR).
- When you arrive for the appointment, please call us from your vehicle and we will have a team member come out and escort your pet into our office. For the safety and well-being of both our clients and staff, owners will not accompany their pet into the practice.
- The veterinarian will call you on your cell phone and take your pet’s history. They will then perform a complete physical examination and will call you with their findings and recommendations.
- Once your pet is ready to be returned to you, our CSR will call you for payment (credit/debit cards only) and a team member will return your pet to your car, along with any medications and instructions. We will email your receipt of payment shortly afterward.
Telemedicine Video Consultations:
- Telemedicine Video Consultations through TeleTails are a complement to ongoing in-office care. This allows you to connect with your favorite trusted veterinarian from the comfort of your home.
- If you have not yet downloaded our TeleTails app, please do so here, using your smartphone, then connect with our practice using the code MELROSE.
- Video consultations can be scheduled with one of our veterinarians by either calling the practice or by clicking "Start Consultation" from the app.
- Telemedicine may not be appropriate for all conditions. We will advise you if we believe this applies to your specific request.
Thank you for entrusting us with your pet's care. We are doing everything we can to enable us to continue to be available to you during this pandemic crisis.
Stewart Silverman DVM
Melrose Animal Clinic