New Puppy Or Kitten?
The Melrose Animal Clinic team is ecstatic to meet your newest addition to the family! Our veterinarians are experts in puppy and kitten care. The team is here to support you in being the best new pet parent, they ensure all questions are answered upon your first visit.
Keeping your new puppy or kitten healthy and happy for years to come is our utmost priority, so we are eager to share the knowledge and key information below with our clients.
Click below to view our recommendations for your new kitten or puppy.
For your first new pet visit:
We recognize that your pet is a treasured member of your family. That’s why their safety is our topmost priority.
Upon your first visit, please bring:
- Any prior records you may have from the shelter, pet store, or breeder
- A fresh stool sample in a Ziploc bag or Tupperware container (if possible)
- A list of questions you would like addressed at your visit
To avoid exposing your puppy or kitten to viruses that they are not yet vaccinated for, kindly do the following:
- Ensure your puppy is leashed and carried
- Ensure your kitten is in a carrier until in the exam room
- Refrain from letting your puppy socialize with other pets in the hospital (and outside)
*If your puppy or kitten is coughing or sneezing, please let us know immediately.